As you may know Rachel and I have been trying to eat healthier, yet for our boyfriends we have been cooking “normal”. I found two recipes I loved and at the end combined them to make my own. Now, I don’t want to toot my own horn, BUT, toot toot. Here’s what I did:
Parmesan Crusted Cheese Baked Tilapia Serves 4
4 tilapia fillets
½ a cup if flour
1 cup of breadcrumbs
½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
½ a stick of butter
3 tablespoons of mayo
2 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ teaspoon of salt
Hot pepper sauce (to your liking)
1. Set oven to broil.
2. Pat dry tilapia fillet. Cook for 10 min.
2. While fish cooks, combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, salt, black pepper,breadcrumbs and hot sauce in a bowl & mix well.
3. Remove fillets from oven. Dip them in flour, then in egg, and lastly in the in the breadcrumbs.
4. Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and then the fillets cook for 5 min (2 min or so each side)
5. Place fish back in baking dish. Pour sauce previously made over the filets And broil for another 10 to 15 min.
I served this dish with Idahoan applewood smoked bacon mashed potatoes. The boys really loved it. Rachel and I did take bites out of their plates and wow that sauce is supper. (: